As riots abound around our country and the world, Pentecost week has come, reminding us of the coming of the Law of Moses to bring God's people together and, centuries later, the coming of the Holy Spirit to empower us as we minister to and build up God's people everywhere. And so, in the Name of the Lord God and all that is Holy, let's do everything we can to communicate God's love:
- Let's try to truly hear what others have to say, especially if their lives differ greatly from ours.
- Let's aim to identify each problem and look for workable solutions instead of lumping everything into an impassible mountain.
- Let's pray together.
- Pray with the family of Korah.
- Pray for the Lord to remind us, we, too, are One in the Family of God.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to bring forgiveness, peace, and healing in Jesus’ Name.
- Pray for God’s Love to be clearly visible as the banner He places over ALL of His people.
Psalm 60:1-5 – a prayer of the family of Korah from the King James Version of the Bible
O God, thou hast cast us off,
thou hast scattered us, thou hast
O turn thyself to us again.
Thou hast made the earth
to tremble; thou hast broken it:
heal the breaches thereof;
for it shaketh.
Thou hast shewed
thy people hard things:
thou hast made us to drink
the wine of astonishment.
Thou hast given a banner to them
that fear thee, that it may be displayed
because of the truth. Selah.
That thy beloved may be delivered;
save with thy right hand, and hear me.
From the Book of KJVPrayers - actual prayers from the King James Version of the Bible (KJV) collected by Mary Harwell Sayler, ©2019
Psalm 60:1-5 – a prayer of the family of Korah - prayerfully paraphrased into everyday English
O God, have You rejected us?
You have been angry with us
and broken down our defenses.
Restore us now!
You made the land quake
and split open.
Now heal these rifts
before the world falls apart!
You made Your people
quake from hardships
and stagger from the cup
You gave us to drink.
And yet, You have raised a banner
over those who fear You,
so we can rally together
when we’re under attack.
Save us with Your hand of power!
Answer us, so those dear to You
may be delivered into safety.
From the Book of Bible Prayers – actual prayers of the Bible collected from a variety of translations and paraphrased into everyday English by MaryHarwell Sayler, ©2019